The Northern Territory Disability Services and Inclusion Awards offer an opportunity to recognise the exceptional individuals working in the disability sector as well as government and non-government services, organisations, businesses and programs that demonstrate outstanding commitment to improving the lives of people with disability.
2018 Award Categories
- Emerging Leader sponsored by TeamHEALTH
- Excellence in Improving Learning and Development sponsored by the Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment
- Excellence in Improving Participation sponsored by TIO
- Excellence in Promoting Community Awareness sponsored by Life Without Barriers
- Excellence in Innovation sponsored by HPA Helping People Achieve
- Excellence in Advocacy and Promotion of Human Rights sponsored by the Office of the Public Guardian
- Excellence in Strategy that improves Access and Inclusion sponsored by Carpentaria
- Outstanding Disability Service Employee sponsored by Somerville Community Services
COMPLETING THE NOMINATION FORM
It is important to ensure the nomination addresses the following criteria:
- Describe the specific achievments of the nominee as they relate to the specific Award Category.
- Explain how the achievements have made a tangible difference to the lives of people with disability, their families or carers, their workplace or business.
- More than one person can provide information to a nomination
SOME POINTS TO CONSIDER WHEN WRITING YOUR APPLICATION INCLUDE:
- Support your claims relating to the individual, business, organisation or program's attributes or qualities with examples that will be easily understood by the assessment panel - avoid jargon.
- Either full sentences or dot points are acceptable.
- Keep answers concise and to the point.
- Avoid repeating examples.
- Keep a copy of the nomination form and any attachments, as these documents cannot be returned.